Thursday, December 10, 2009

The longer I wait to post....

...the more ambivalent I am to post anything, as it can seem too trivial. I should get with the Twitter ethos and stop being blog-precious. There, I've leapt in now.

Life is mainly good (I feel grateful). I sit here awaiting the gas man to do a service check on our heating.

It's nearly impossible to buy 'man tights' for a baby boy, to keep his legs cosy. Parents know that baby socks fall off like autumn leaves - all year round. Tights for the under 2's only seem to come in pink, red, white or selection packs of pink, red and white, some with decorative love hearts. I have one pair of last year's (blue) 'boy tights' from the Gap and they are in the washing machine and draped on radiators almost daily. I love putting them on Hugh, warm from the heater, stuffing his wee chubby ankles into the cosy padded feet. I put his dungarees on top and we're ready to roll. Or crawl....

Week 25 of the pregnancy and bambino 2 is kicking away.

-C x

2 comments:

ianshepherd said...

Someone advised us that socks from Baby Gap are the best at staying on. We had some when the boys were tiny, and they seemed to work...!

Great to see you doing so well !

Clamjamphrie: said...

What about these from La Redoute? (though they are called 'baby girl tights')
http://www.laredoute.co.uk/style/Happy-Price-Baby-Girl-Pack-of-2-pairs-of-tights-1-pair-of-leg-warmers-by-Vertbaudet.aspx?ProductId=V700083023&DocumentId=V662&CompanyId=R&source=4
I had no idea little cold legs could cost so much...