Tuesday, September 08, 2009

New Hoose

So, where were we? I'm writing this with eyes tingling from onion fumes. We've had the rooms of our new house painted and a friend suggested cutting up an onion in a bowl of water to absorb the chemical waft of new paint. Now the house smells like a giant onion. I may abandon the experiment.

Carpets are the next big frontier. I'm sure the dog and cat who lived here before us were lovely creatures - animal pensioners, if you will, but they also left half their fur in the shag pile. I am phoning men with sanding machines and hoping for golden floorboards. Patience...it shall be worth it.

-C

1 comment:

Sue Jackson said...

Congratulations on the new house! I've never heard of the onion trick, but it sounds like the cure might be worse than the original problem!

Good luck with all the unpacking and floors and stuff...

Sue