Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Fly-rony

I wished I'd started this blog anonymously with some cool Internet nick-name instead of my own name which is mispronounced the world over. Plus, I could say anything with a secret identity.


I was going to swat a fly this evening and I picked up the first magazine to hand. It was a copy of Advocates for Animals and a pang of guilt made me make the extra effort to open the window and chase the fly out. I used to get Animal Times from Peta (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals). It was a glossy magazine with cover stars of calfs that looked like they were wearing mascara or collie dogs with bright eyes and black shiny lips. There was a purrs and grrrs section - pointing out companies or people who had kind animal policies (purrs) and those who perpetuated cruelty (grrrs). I used to write protest letters to the grrrs.



-C

No comments: