Sunday, January 07, 2007

Lucky Break

Happy New Year to all. I'm still enjoying the after-glow of the fantastic time on Islay with friends. I got lucky and managed to sustain enough health to have a few great days. The winds reached 85 mph and we watched spectacular waves crashing on Machir bay and uninterrupted rainbows arching over miles of peat lands. We played poker and listened to Willie Nelson. We had a candlelit power cut, brief enough to be exciting, conveniently ended by dinner time. Our garden backed on to a sandy beach - thank you Tom for generously lending us your great home. I was happy and brimming with gratitude. I can't really say more than that. I'll post photos when I get them.

3 comments:

Reading the Signs said...

And happy new year to you too - I spent a week on Iona last year, and the afterglow lasted a good while.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you Ciara,
Glad to hear you were feeling well enough to travel to Islay, Thare is nowhere better at this time of year.
All the best for 2007,
Calum MacGregor

Sue Jackson said...

So glad you had some good days during your visit! That means so much. Happy New Year...and a wish for many more good days.

Sue